Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A CEO Admonishes a Teacher. The Teacher’s Response Is Classic?


“God created human government. It is, therefore, inconceivable that God would create government and then tell His people to stay out of it.” ~ Pastor Adrian Rogers

************************************************************************
An app available now!

Juggle Bug ~ Mobile Phone Game ~ Its FREE! ~ TRY IT!

************************************************************************
My blog site for the U.S. House of Representatives District 19 for Texas campaign is:

http://votevance.blogspot.com

************************************************************************
CONTRIBUTE:

http://votevance.blogspot.com/2014/09/contribution-form-for-vote-vance_44.html

************************************************************************

Please continue to pray for Dr. Kent Brantly and all those involved with the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.

************************************************************************
www.amazon.com has the exclusive right to sale my e-books in its Kindle Store.

Click on the book icon (picture) on the right to go directly to the Amazon site for that particular book

************************************************************************
From: a Friend

What do teachers make?

The dinner guests were sitting around the table discussing life. One man, a
CEO (Chief Executive Officermy addition), decided to explain the problem with education.

He argued, ‘What’s a kid going to learn from someone who decided his best
option in life was to become a teacher (That is not very nice!my addition)?’

He reminded the other dinner guests what they say about teachers: ‘Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach (JESUS, the CHRIST, was and is a teacher! I imagine, in his lifetime, someone taught the CEO some things he did not learn on his own! Learned from a teacher! Parents are teachers!my addition).’

To emphasize his point he said to another guest; ‘You’re a teacher, Bonnie.
Be honest. What do you make?’

Bonnie, who had a reputation for honesty and frankness replied, ‘You want to know what I make?’

(She paused for a second, then began ... )

‘Well, I make kids work harder than they ever thought they could.

I make a C+ feel like the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I make kids sit through 40 minutes of class time (Only forty minutes? Back when I taught, we had 55 minute long classes!my addition) when their parents can’t make them sit for 5 without an I Pod, Game Cube or movie rental.

You want to know what I make?’ (She paused again and looked at each and every person at the table.)

'’I make kids wonder.

I make them question.

I make them apologize and mean it.

I make them have respect and take responsibility for their actions.

I teach them to write and then I make them write. Keyboarding isn’t everything.

I make them read, read, read.

I make them show all their work in math. They use their God-given brain, not the man-made calculator.

I make my students from other countries learn everything they need to know in English while preserving their unique cultural identity.

I make my classroom a place where all my students feel safe.

I make my students stand
, placing their hand over their heart to say the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, One Nation Under God, because we live in the United States of America.

I make them understand that if they use the gifts they were given, work hard, and follow their hearts, they can succeed in life.’

(Bonnie paused one last time and then continued.)

‘Then, when people try to judge me by what I make, with me knowing money isn’t everything, I can hold my head up high and pay no attention because they are ignorant ... You want to know what I make?

I MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
What do you make Mr. CEO (Would that this was true for all teachers!my addition)?’

His jaw dropped, he went silent.

There are many ‘PERSONAL TEACHERS’ such as mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends, doctors, dentists, caregivers of all kinds, and your spiritual leaders/teacherspastor’s/priests/clergy. Thank you for making a difference, as well!

Remember: Its not what you have, its what you do with what you have that makes all the difference.’

Carry on!! What you do is important!

Christmas Break is coming!

A time to relax and refresh!”

I do not know if this is a true Story. May not be. However, I think the point is relevant.

I received this from a friend who berates government/public schools all the time. (I was somewhat surprised.) And, there are some terrible public schools and there are some terrible teachers. However, a good teacher can and often does make all the difference. There are terrible people in all professions and in all walks of life. There are good people in all moral professions. Can’t speak for immoral activities because why would a good person be involved in immorality?

James 3: 1 (NIV)

Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.”

The above, of course, was written about those teaching the word of GOD. However, I think it applies as well for every teacher in every situation from parent to classroom teacher.

Being a teacher is an awesome responsible! Im not sure that many understand that in this day and age of moral relativism!


************************************************************************
Government Golf Ball subsidy! Beautiful!

https://soundcloud.com/mrose5/obama-golf

************************************************************************
Abraham Lincoln:

http://vimeo.com/americanfamilystudios/review/112711051/80379bdcac

************************************************************************
President Barack Hussein Obama: I can not bypass Congress and change the laws on my own!

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3900540347001

************************************************************************
Jonathan Gruber’s controversial comments about Obamacare in a single two minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDomkBtJC7Q#t=41

Jonathan Gruber before Congress he either lied to Congress or he lied to his fellow academics? Which do you think he lied to? I know my answer! So does Chairman Issa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMb3gn3YunE

************************************************************************
Say Merry Christmas

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ln01p1M2cH0

Freedom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogTILvas_g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

************************************************************************