Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Union Shops, Wisconsin, and the end of Union Monopolies!



I have five blogs.

http://christiangunslinger.blogspot.com

http://christiangunslinger1.blogspot.com

http://christiangunslinger3.blogspot.com

http://christiangunslinger5.blogspot.com

http://christiangunslinger7.blogspot.com

For most of this year, I’ve been posting on three of them regularly. However, so much is going on, I’m going to try to post on all fivesix days a week. I don’t know how long this will last. The greatest problem is time. I’m receiving more and more content to select from and, of course, there is the time necessary to actual write all five. Plus, I’m writing a new workbook on Homosexuality and the Bible that I hope to have completed by September. For now though, I’m trying the fiveMonday through Saturday.

Thank you for taking the time to read and follow my blogs. According to Google’s pageview daily report, I have more people reading the blogs than ever. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!


Petition to end the cover-ups in relation to Benghazi:

http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/60-foot-petition-demands-end-to-benghazi-secrets/


Watch this video: Stand Up Against Amnesty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf_dNJsdbD8&list=PLMgFLa9jtenUYnZKHDyVpT5PCunq_3eRV



Petition to defund Planned MURDERHOOD

http://www.cwalac.org/I13E05.shtml



Petition to delay Obamacare individual mandate:

http://action.teapartyexpress.org/10694/delay-obamacare-individual-tax-mandate/



From: http://www.westernjournalism.com/wisconsin-teachers-unions-in-full-collapse/

“Wisconsin Teachers’ Unions In Full Collapse
July 24, 2013 by Derrick Hollenbeck

Remember all those dire predictions about the damage Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s public employee union contract reforms would do? Remember the angst of Wisconsin’ teachers and other ‘vital workers’ over what they saw as the end of the line for their cushy jobs and control over their state? Well, they were right to be worried. They are getting crushed and put out of existence.

Now that two years have passed and the dust has settled, it’s safe to say that the union protesters who filled the legislative offices and camped out in Wisconsin’s state capital were actually optimistic. The results of Walker’s changes have been more devastating than either side could have feared or hoped for, depending on their point of view.

Since Act 10 passed two years ago, public employees’ unions have been in a steep decline they may not be able to come out of. Like a plane whose engines have failed will crash and burn, these unions are on their way to crashing and burning.

Savor this roll call of collapse in just two years.

Among Wisconsin’s fastest declining unions is AFSCME Council 24, which has seen a jaw dropping 88% (5,900 to 690) reduction in its dues paying members.

Another union, the WSEU, has shrunk from 22,000 members before Act 10, to less than 10,000 as of last December.

Wisconsin’s AFSCME Council 40 has lost 35% of its membership (31,730 in 2011 to 20,488 today).

Council 48 situated in Milwaukee County had 9,043 members two years ago. Today, it has 3,498 dues paying members.

Wisconsin’s teachers’ unions have lost 29% of their members, and there is no reason to believe the bleeding will stop anytime soon.

More than this, the whole state is experiencing a collapse of union membership, according to a Bureau of Labor Statistic release that set union membership at 11.2%, down from 13.3% just two years ago.

One poor union thug summed up Wisconsin’s sea change in attitudes toward unions this way: ‘If the public doesn’t care about the messenger, it’s not going to care about the message. If constituents don’t care, politicians aren’t going to care.’

There now, wasn’t that a fun read?!”

My first two years in college during the summers, I worked for Caterpillar Tractor Company in East Peoria, Illinois. Since Illinois is a closed shop State, I had to join the UAW (United Auto Workers) and pay dues during the time I worked. Without joining the union first, I could not work.

I worked in the factory running a machine. Lunch time was twenty minutes and since I had gotten use to only two meals a day during my freshman year in college, my first night there I just kept working. Not my second night. Workers complained to my foreman and he told me I did not have to eat during lunch time but I could not work. I spent the lunch time reading.

We were suppose to produce 100% of the determined production each night. Since I was the first machine on the line, I had a number of different projects milling the ends of the product and drilling holes in each end to be sent to other machines to continue the process of turning a piece of metal into a tractor part. Some were rather easy to reach the 100% and some were more difficult.

Toward the end of the summer, because I really appreciated my foreman, I ran 150% one night. The next night before work started, I checked the production sheet as I always did. My production was not listed. I asked the foreman why? He did it for my protection. The rest of the workers would not be happy knowing I produced 150% in one night. It made them look bad and there was a fear that production totals would be increased. The union shop! Every person does the same!

While I taught, each year I was a member of the local education association and therefore of the State association and the national association (By law, we were not required to join). That was a requirement. If I was teaching today, I would not be a member of the associations. The National Education Association has become a mouthpiece of the Democratic Partysupporting the MURDER of unborn babies and homosexual agenda. And do not kid yourself, many public schools are teaching these immoral behaviors whether or not it is part of the curriculum. No administer, no school board member knows everything that is going on and that is being said in the classroom. In the youngest grades particularly, the students have no idea that something inappropriate is going on!

Every State, for the good of the workers, should be a right to work State. No worker should be required to give money to support an organization that uses that money to support politics for which he disapproves. And all unions are political!